Thursday, March 1, 2007

retry

I wrote an entry the other day and tried to put in a picture due to
the complaints of one's name I will not mention. *GEORGE* It failed!
So now I am going to copy and paste what I said, cutting what I said
about the picture.


We are now in the midsts of a ping-pong championship, and I am in the
losers' circle. I still have a chance at the prize in this losers'
circle if I keep winning after this. That is highly unlikely given
the amazing and talented ping-pong champs on this ship. There is a
man named Raul from Argentina who can really kick some butt at just
about every table game. He's great at ping-pong fuzbal, and all of
those things. Oh boy though, I am glad I am not on his team; he is
EXTREMELY competitive. I am now paired with one of the Multibeam
crew (such as myself) against the marine science techs. So we are now
the Multiteam versus the marine science team. I better win!
Well, it's time for the match now! If you would like to email me my
address is
rose.vail@nbp.usap.gov
I have not been able to actually see my blog in a month or so;
therefore, I cannot read your wonderful comments. Please email me
comments if you can.


I would also just like to say that I am now headed back west from
Pine Island Bay. We are going back the Getz Ice Shelf to do some
more CTDs and oceanographic work. After that we are going east again
and crossing the Drake Passage. The trip is coming to an end! At
least that's what it feels like. We have 3 more weeks left. I'm
going to be so sad when this is over. I believe we have to set aside
7 days for crossing the passage between the Antarctic Peninsula and
Chile. There are some REALLY NASTY storms in that little area. Wind
can really concentrate itself in passageways, so we may be stuck in a
bad storm. Strangely enough, I look forward to it. The ocean is so
terrific when the weather is stormy.
Until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about the scary parts, okay, Rose?

Matt GS