Sunday, January 28, 2007

just a quick picture blog

I have a few minutes and a chance to post some pictures! so I will do that now. To see them, click on the link labeled "pictures" to the right. These are from my little adventure with the senior Geology majors. The ones with the beach are in Kaikoura. There is a lot of faulting and tectonic activity there. The penguin is called a "blue penguin." There are fur seals and some random sea life. don't forget to go the my PICTURES link on the upper right hand side. there will be some more pictures there. The big mountain pictures and pictures with clouds are south of Kaikoura. The mountains are the Southern Alps. Some of the pictures are of Mount Cook--a huge cloudy mountain that is about as hard to climb as Mnt. Denali. The lake is Lake Pukaki. The water is so absolutely gorgeous and blue. This bluish green color comes from glaciers. There are still a lot of glaciers in New Zealand. They feed into these lakes and rivers and make them that beautiful color.
I have to go to dinner with my crew now! We are eating at the "Dux de Lux," a well known restaurant in Christchurch. There are only about 10 of us! This is really exciting. They seem to be really nice and down to earth. The man I am working with is a lot nicer and smilier than my professor, Chris, described. Gotta run!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

could you upload pictures of iguanas and more wildlife

Anonymous said...

What's up Rose?
No blue penguin pics?

Matt GS

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosie hope your having fun. I saw you pictures and thought the seal was cute. You should get more pictures of the local animals. IS it different form here? I think you are on your way to your goal. Soon you'll be in Antartica hanging with snow people. Oh are you going to have sled dogs.
Well thats all.
Elizabeth
Gardner School

Anonymous said...

Hey. I like the pictures they are cool. My favorite picture is the seal one because the seal is so cute.

Breanna,
Gardner School

Rosie said...

i forgot to post the penguin! whoops. no, i will not have sled dogs. i am in antarctica now, on my boat. i will not have enough access to post more pictures until i get back home, but when i do, you guys will be over loaded with pictures.
i can't upload any pictures of iguanas and more wildlife because there aren't any iguanas here, and i can't post any more pictures for awhile.
thanks for the comments!
rose

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rose, How's the boat?

Matt GS