Sunday, January 28, 2007

REAL FAST!

This post is going to have to be pretty fast. I have quite a few updates though. I don't have time to put up pictures right now, and truthfully now that I have learned more about what my experience will be like, I might never get to put up pictures. I might have to put them up after I get back to the states. I have been tromping around the southern island in New Zealand for awhile. If you look back at the map I linked earlier, you may see Christchurch, Kaikoura, Lake Pukaki, Lake Tekapo, the Southern Alps, etc. I went to all of those places and learned about the geology there with the senior geology class.
There may be a change in my accessibility to the internet on the boat. What might happen is I will only be able to post once a week. We will see. The internet will be somewhat different there than I expected. It probably can't load as much data as needed for me to post on my blog. Anyway, we will work things out. If I am unable to post to my blog often enough, I will send a big email.
That's all i have time for now. The ocean is beautiful and the colors are outrageious here! So beautiful. There are some grasses that turn yellow and red just like at home in walsenburg. I never expected that! There is also a little bit of a communication issue here, eventhough I and everyone born in this country are native english speakers. Those kiwis are hard to understand. (Kiwi is a nickname for New Zealanders.) Now I am off to get my cold weather gear and get ready to leave on a C-17 tomorrow between 4 and 10am.

No comments: