Sunday, February 4, 2007

oh with the swelling!

I'm feeling a bit green today. This is because we have hit an area
where the ocean swells and then pulls back, creating big waves. Not
quite big waves like you would see in a movie, but just rolling waves
up and down, back and forth. I've never spent much time in a boat,
so I don't have what they call "sea legs" yet. I am unaccustomed to
being in a boat when there is a lot of movement in the water. Tonight
when I got on shift, the sickness really hit me. I tried some ginger
that didn't work. I tried to look out of windows to make sure I
could see what I could feel. I nearly went over the edge, needing a
trash can, so I had to leave my post of ping editing to go lie down
for a while. I didn't think I was tired, but I went to sleep nearly
immediately without feeling sleepy. It was the strangest thing.
When I woke up the motion sickness medication had kicked in, and I
was ready to get back to work after about 2 hours off. I'm now
getting sleepy again because the medication is starting to wear off.
It's weird to think that what doesn't make me sick puts me to sleep.

No comments: